Concours and Car Shows
Northern Virginia Corvette Club puts on car shows throughout the year, and are always looking for ideas or members to plan their own car show ideas. Check out below for some past photos, FAQs, and other info.
What is a Concours? The dictionary defines concours d'elegance as "a show or contest of vehicles and accessories in which the entries are judged chiefly on excellence of appearance and turnout". We have entries from all over the region and it is a NCCC points event. We have a panel of judges and give the winners trophies.
What is a Fun Show? A fun show is a less restrictive version of a concours, with fun categories, such as Dealer/ Celebrity Favorite or Best Mod, just for example. All the fun of the Concours, but a little less formal. A past fun show, and multi-event, we had like this was our summer Car-B-Que.
Concours Car Classifications:
- Concours Prepared: Showroom condition, stock equipment, no deviation. Classification sheet, exterior, interior, and engine judged.
- Modified: 3-4 modifications allowed. Classification sheet, exterior, interior, and engine judged.
- Custom: More modifications than the modified category; Custom (non-factory) paint jobs would be included in this grouping. Classification sheet, exterior, interior, and engine judged.
- Race-prepared: NO classification sheet, exterior, interior, and engine judged. Must meet RP requirements for speed events.
- Street Show: NO classification sheet, exterior, interior, and engine judged.
- Wash and show: NO classification sheet, exterior and interior judged only. Hood remains closed, NO engine judging.
- Exhibition: No judging, just for fun and to help our charity.
Click here to view a sample Concours Work List
Click here for photos of past Concours or Car Show Events
Email our Concours Chair with questions about this type of events.
Visit our Cools Links Tab, under Information, to view links to other local performance car clubs, and our Events Calendar for upcoming NVCC and other local area club’s concours & car shows coming up.